Dr. Deb
Dr. Deb, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  I have been a practicing veterinarian for over 30 years.
60411192

My dog has a tumor hanging from between her tail and her

Customer Question

my dog has a tumor hanging from between her tail and her anus she has a gash in it - I have tried to apply pressure and it still is bleeding - is there anything at my home I can use to assist - I don't have a way to get her to the vet right now I am alone
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Deb replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I'm Dr. Deb and will do my best to help you today.

I'm so sorry that Emma is experiencing this problem.

I would continue to apply pressure in hopes that the area will eventually clot but you can also smear/dab corn starch or flour on it. I'll warn you that it's quite messy when you use these products but they may help with the clotting process.

Get set up with either the flour or cornstarch. Apply pressure to the area very firmly and then release the pressure somewhat and try to sprinkle the powders on the area before reapplying pressure.

I suspect it's very difficult to wrap the area with gauze and tape which may be why this method has been unsuccessful.

It's not likely that she'll bleed out if this is something you were worried about but it may take more time for the bleeding to stop.

I hope this helps. Deb

Expert:  Dr. Deb replied 1 year ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about Emma. How is everything going?
Dr. Deb