petdrz
petdrz, Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience caring for dogs and cats
21300550

My dog has not been eating much and drinking very little

Customer Question

my dog has not been eating much and drinking very little water for the past three days,
i cant afford to get him seen by a vet . i already applied for care credit and got denied,
what can i do, he is breathing a little labored, i am afraid he will dye, can you help?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  petdrz replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry that you have been waiting for a response. I recently just logged onto the site and noted that your question hasn't yet been answered. I am a licensed veterinarian with over 25 years’ experience and would be happy to work with you if you are still needing assistance.

I am sorry to hear that your guy is so ill, but it sounds like this is something that is going to need aggressive veterinary intervention, especially since it has been going on for so long and he is now having labored breathing. This does not sound like something that could be managed at home. I am sure you do not want to watch him worsen as things progress, so I would suggest that the kindest thing that you could do for him at this point is to consider humane euthanasia so you don't have to watch him suffer. Many humane societies will offer this service at no charge for financial hardship cases. I know this is probably not what you want to hear, but you can only offer what is in your means and beyond that, as his advocate it is best to relieve his suffering and anxiety.

I am sorry for your situation.

I hope this is helpful. Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please reply so I can clarify for you.

Dr Z

Expert:  petdrz replied 1 year ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Dr Z