Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

I have found a bluish pimple like thing on my dogs upper

Customer Question

I have found a bluish pimple like thing on my dogs upper chin. Can you tell me if it is a tick. Shevdoesnt pear to be ill, has eaten tonight. My vet will not open until 9 am and I am hoping she will be finemuntil the n
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 year ago.

Can you upload a photo of this "bluish pimple" to our conversation? You can use the paperclip icon in the toolbar above your message box (if that icon is visible) or you can use an external app such as imgur.com or dropbox.com. I can be more accurate for you if I can see what you're seeing. Whatever you're seeing it will be safe to wait until your vet is open.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I thank you for your indulgence but I am not very experienced withvthe computer. My doggie is asleep so I am thinking that if it is a tick, it may not be a paralysis tick, and I could wait until the morning. She has had this for some hours now and does not seem to be distressed.. .I think I will wait until the morning and hope for the best. We seem to be third world here both for animals and humans. Medical and vet services close down here at night.

I understand. The paralysis tick in Oz typically causes hindlimb weakness, signs of facial paralysis, dysphagia (difficulty swallowing), and you might notice mydriasis (wide open pupils) as well. My best to Roxy.