Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

Y dog has had dark stool week. He has IBD, stable, but this

Customer Question

y dog has had dark stool for past week. He has IBD, stable, but this is new symptom. His food does look darker than usual. He may be in some pain, as he did not want me to pick him up, but then he pooped and now lets me pick him up. He has not had a loss of appetite, weight loss etc. Not sure what to think. No red blood in stools. Some intermittant mucous, but that is old symptom. Recent bloodwork normal-two weeks ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me:

By dark, do you mean black stool?

Was the stool very hard?

Are his gums nice and pink? Not pale/white?

Does he seem tender or tense when you press on his abdomen?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

Hi again,

My apologies but I cannot offer the live phone call option at this time. Therefore, please let me know if you want to discuss your wee one further via the Q+A feature (if so, please answer those above questions and give me an update on anything that has changed) or if you wish for me to opt out to see if a fellow colleague can offer this service to you.

Dr. B.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I appreciate your help. I do apologize for not getting back to you sooner, as I am on call 24/7 this week and got called out, not returning home until 2:30 this AM. I would prefer to speak with someone by phone. Can you see if there is someone else I can speak with?? I appreciate your concern about my Dewey. Thank you.
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

No worries, I know just how that is :)

What I will do is opt out of your question so that it reopens to the other experts online. Hopefully, one of them will be able to offer a call for you. Please know that once I do opt out, I cannot see any replies (so don't think I am ignoring you or anything like that) and replying again can make it difficult for the vets to see that the question is open.

Take care & all the best,

Dr. B.