Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

My dog was exposed to subterrain termite chemicals in the

Customer Question

My dog was exposed to subterrain termite chemicals in the yard. Only her head is vibrating. We have bathed her and it has reduced the systems. We are wondering if we need to take her to hospital or if it will clear out over night? What can we do to help her?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 year ago.

I need to know which chemicals were used in order to know if there are antidotes for your dog. Do you have that information?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. Unfortunately, I don't. I only know that the termite control people dug some holes and put chemicals in the ground. Our dog was in the yard. The owner of the yard doesn't know what chemicals the company used.

I understand. A veterinary ER would treat supportively and symptomatically if additional symptoms developed and so if you believe that bathing her has already helped, there's nothing else for you to do unless new symptoms arose. If you're comfortable watching her at home, I see no reason to have an ER watch her for you as long as you can get to an ER quickly if necessary. Are you comfortable checking on her periodically through the night?

Hi Sarah,
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?