Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My adult rescue 5(?) yr old Chihuahua isn't getting it as

Customer Question

my adult rescue 5(?) yr old Chihuahua isn't getting it as far as training. It seems I have him in the crate all the time or tied to me. It's getting hard to enjoy him focusing/obsessing about where/when he will pee. I take him out often (except when I'm at work) and he doesn't go but then will go in the house. Help!
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Jo replied 1 year ago.

I'm Dr. Jo and I'm here to help you with your question about Sammy. I'm so sorry you're in this frustrating situation, but glad you're looking for the information you need.

You can join the conversation by typing in what you want to say then clicking REPLY or SEND. That way we can chat back and forth until you're satisfied with the information I've provided.

Expert:  Dr. Jo replied 1 year ago.

In order to help me help you better, can you please answer the following questions:

• How long have you had Sammy?
  • Is he neutered?
  • Do you have other dogs?
  • Has he had a thorough veterinary workup to rule out potential medical causes for his housesoiling?
Expert:  Dr. Jo replied 1 year ago.

It appears you are not currently online and available to discuss your question with me. I'm sorry I missed the opportunity to have a live conversation with you. I will OPT OUT now so your question will be available to other experts when you return online.

Thank you.

Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.

It looks like your first expert has gone offline. I am also a veterinarian ,and will do my best to help. My name is Rebecca.

Is this guy neutered? How long have you had him?

Hope to hear from you soon. I will be online a couple of hours, and then back later.