Dr. Dan
Dr. Dan, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  12 years of experience with domestic and exotic dogs, PLEASE rate my service when satisfied.
17018043

My precious 7 lb. Yorkie are an orange 200mg Mitrim tablet

Customer Question

My precious 7 lb. Yorkie are an orange 200mg Mitrim tablet that was under a bed in our hotel room!!!$ I'm praying she only ate 1, but I don't know, bcuz I only found 1, after she threw up Twice in our room. Do I need to get to an emergency pet clinic? I'm scared to death, & I took the pill I found to the hotel front desk, & let them Know that housekeeping needs to do a better freaking job!!!! Please advise!
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hello!

Thank you for your quesiton, I'm Dr. Dan and I'll try to help you. I'm sorry this is happening to you. The good news is that she didn't eat enough to damage her kidneys. The bad news is she did eat enough to give her an ulcer and stomach bleeding. At this does she does need to see the emergency vet. She'll need powerful stomach protectants to preven ther from getting a bad ulcer and medication to stop her vomiting so she does not get dehydrated or experience electrolyte disturbances. I know it's the last thing you want to do but at this dose, she needs to see a vet right now. I hope this helps, if not please feel free to ask more quesitons. Dr. Dan