Dr. Whitehead
Dr. Whitehead, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, internship trained, with 5 years of experience in high quality practice treating dogs, cats, and some exotics.
13146597

My little dog has thrown up off and on all day and feels

Customer Question

My little dog has thrown up off and on all day and feels like he has the chills off and on and is real list lis he has stopped throwing up but still is sick and has not really drank or eat anything
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Whitehead replied 1 year ago.

Hello there. I am sorry to hear about your little guy. I am happy to help you this evening. These little dogs do not have a lot of reserves so to much vomiting will cause dehydration and even low blood sugar. So if he is still lethargic and not feeling well you should consider having him seen by your vet tonight or tomorrow morning at the latest. You can give him water by dropper or syringe to try to help his hydration if he will keep it down. I would hold off on food for 24 hours so his tummy settles down. Since you already gave him the vomiting medications that is good and hopefully will slow down his vomiting. The concern is what caused this and if he has become dehydrated. That is why having him seen by your vet is important. If you cant get him in tonight then try to get him water and keep him calm and quiet until he can been tomorrow.

I hope this helps and I hope this makes sense. Please do not hesitate to ask if you have any further questions or concerns. I would be happy to help. Please do not forget to rate my response so I receive credit for my time. Thank you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you you gave me some good Idias to get water in him thank you

You are very welcome. If you have any additional questions please do not hesitate to ask. Please do not forget to rate my response so I receive credit form my time. Thank you!