Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of internal medicine, surgery, and preventive care.
25161683

My dog American Eskimo was limping yesterday little better

Customer Question

My dog American Eskimo was limping yesterday little better today I gave him one baby aspirin my question is he is 40 pounds can I give him baby Asprin or any other over the counter what milligram how many Thank you
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.

Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am happy to answer your question today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- Is he currently on any other medications?

2- Any pre existing medical conditions?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Mo
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.

Friend, it is best if you give Ace Buffered Aspirin, it will be more gentle on his stomach. The dose for a 40 lbs Ace is 325mg 3/4 of a tablet every 12 hours for 1 week. You can buy Buffered Aspirin over the counter in any pharmacy.

Please do not forget to rate my answer - I hope you found it to be excellent. If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know. It’s my goal to provide you with excellent service." Thank you for your business and I hope to work with you again soon!

Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about Ace. How is everything going?
Dr. Peter
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He is doing well walking now I am just wondering if anything should be given to not Develop any bone problems
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.

You can supplement with Cosequin (glucosamine) given at label dose. You can buy Cosequin online or in your local pet store.