Dr. Alleyne
Dr. Alleyne, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Veterinary Associate at Acres Mill Veterinary Clinic
87969507

The dog has dark urine and not eating. She drinking some

Customer Question

The dog has dark urine and not eating. She drinking some water
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Alleyne replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** and I am a licensed veterinarian with over 9 years of experience. I am hoping to help you with your pet Steffie today. Since I can’t physically exam your pet, I may need to respond with several follow up questions so I can best help you. Remember there is no limit on how many questions you can ask to in order to clarify any information I have provided regarding your pet. I just have a few initial questions to ask to gather some more information if you don’t mind? How long has this been going on with Steffie? Is she straining to urinate? Any history of urinary tract infections

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This started Monday. She is not straining

Any history of urinary tract infections in the past? Did she start not eating on Monday as well? With dark urine I would be worried about her either being very dehydrated or that their is blood in the urine. One common cause of blood in the urine is an urinary tract infection. Other more serious causes includes crystals in the urine or bladder stones. With her age and her breed you also have to consider a possible bladder tumor as well. I would definitely recommend that she have her urine analyzed to rule out any crystals or infection. You may also consider having an ultrasound or a x-ray of the bladder to rule out stones and/or a bladder tumor.