Dr. Amanda
Dr. Amanda, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Associate Veterinarian
88695179

Our 11 week old lab puppy got a circular puppy treat stuck

Customer Question

our 11 week old lab puppy got a circular puppy treat stuck up in the roof of her mouth today and we were able to get it out without any trouble. now her teeth are clashing as she closes her mouth, she is able to drink and eat but the noise sounds distressing. what do you suggest we do tonight until she can see her vet in am?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Amanda replied 1 year ago.

My name is***** and in sorry to hear your puppy injured her mouth. Can you wiggle her teeth? Are any loose? Also can you gently open and close her mouth to see which teeth are tapping each other?

Dogs frequently get toys and sticks stuck on the roof of their mouths when playing. Usually this causes no damage, but in a young dog, whose teeth are softer one could have broken loose.

For tonight, since she already ate, I wouldn't feed any more, but continue to have water available.

Seeing your vet in the morning is a good idea.

Good luck to you and your puppy,

Best regards,

Dr Amanda

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
After about an hour and saying a prayer over the puppy the problem resolved itself! We thank God and you for your help!
Expert:  Dr. Amanda replied 1 year ago.

Hi! Thanks for the update, I am really glad to hear that Abbey's mouth is back to normal.

Do you have any more questions for me?

Also, if you would consider rating my answer, I would greatly appreciate it.

Best regards,

Dr. Amanda

Expert:  Dr. Amanda replied 1 year ago.

If you are satisfied with my assistance, please take a moment to use the stars at the top of the page to rate my answer so that I will be compensated for helping you today. For future questions, you can find me here: http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=88695179&FID=0

Best regards,

Dr. Amanda

Expert:  Dr. Amanda replied 1 year ago.

I haven’t hear back from you in a while. How is your pet this evening? Do you have any more question for me? If you are satisfied with my assistance, please take a moment to use the stars at the top of the page to rate my answer so that I will be compensated for answering your question. For future questions, you can find me here: http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=88695179&FID=0

Best regards,

Dr. Amanda