Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of internal medicine, surgery, and preventive care.
25161683

My puppy has been vommitting a lot of times through out the

Customer Question

My puppy has been vommitting a lot of times through out the day but what she vomits is just clear like spit , and she also hasn't been wanting to eat, she looks sad and doesn't really want to move or run, and I recently noticed two small red spots on her belly/ nipple area ?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.

Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am happy to answer your question today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- How old is Luna?

2- Did she get into anything or eat something out of the ordinary?

3- Any diarrhea?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She is 9 weeks old
I'm not sure if she has eaten anything out of the ordinary, maybe she has because we had a party outside and there was crumbs or pieces of food on the floor. She also farted and it smelled really bad like rotten eggs.
She has not had diarrhea
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.

1- How long has it been since the last time she ate?

2- Can you see if her gums are pink or pale?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The last time she ate was last night
Her gums look light pink
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.

Friend, in a puppy there are many possible causes for vomiting. Common causes are: Infections, parasites, ingestion of a foreign body, etc. to name a few causes. The concern with a small puppy is that they can become hypoglycemic (low blood sugar) if they don't keep food down or are not eating. I would strongly recommend a hands on examination by a veterinarian as soon as you can. In the meantime, give her a teaspoon of Honey, Pancake or Karo syrup directly into her mouth. If no vomiting after 15 minutes give her another teaspoon. If no vomiting give her small amount of water. If no vomiting after several hours offer her small amount of a bland diet like rice and boiled boneless chicken or ground beef. If she vomits the syrup/honey I would have her checked by ER veterinarian tonight.

Please do not forget to rate my answer - I hope you found it to be excellent. If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know. It’s my goal to provide you with excellent service." Thank you for your business and I hope to work with you again soon!

Dr. Peter