Jess K
Jess K, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Licensed Veterinarian
89827615

My pug is sittting funny and s back legs are twitching and

Customer Question

My pug is sittting funny and his back legs are twitching and he was peeing blood
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Amanda replied 1 year ago.

My name is***** and I am sorry to hear that Bobo is sick.

Expert:  Dr. Amanda replied 1 year ago.

I opted out of this question because every time I try to post an answer, I get an error message and my answer disappears.

Expert:  Jess K replied 1 year ago.

Hello there. My name is***** and I am sorry to hear Bobo isn't feeling well. Has Bobo been neutered or is he still intact? Has he had any urinary issues in his past? The fact that he is sitting funny and his legs are twitching could be signs he is in pain or is uncomfortable. This could be related to his urinary tract issues. Possible causes for seeing blood in his urine would include a urinary tract infection, stones in the urinary tract, a tumor or growth in the urinary tract, or if he is not neutered, he could also be having a problem with his prostate being inflammed or infected. The best thing to do for Bobo would be to take him into your veterinarian's office for an exam. It is best to bring him with a full bladder (keep him indoors for a few hours before taking him and carry him to the car so he can't pee on the way out). Your veterinarian can test his urine for a urinary tract infection and for crystals. They can also palpate (feel) his prostate to see if it is inflammed or painful. Depending on what they find, they may also recommend an x-ray to see if he has any evidence of stones in his urinary tract or masses. I hope that information helps you get a better idea of what could be going on with Bobo and that he is feeling better soon! Your vet can also prescribe pain medication for Bobo so that he can be more comfortable.