Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian
Experience:  Practicing small animal veterinarian for 17 years.
53976849

My dog never whines, she's 3, active and a Shipoo. She

Customer Question

My dog never whines, she's 3, active and a Shipoo. She laying around, has a wet nose- has cried out some my husband heard her then later my son. Her ears have this black like stiff layering in her her(gave her postatex) I think it is. Could she picked up something in the kitchen floor, maybe outside? Any thoughts? Can I give her a baby aspirin?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Justanswer! I am Dr. Altman and happy to assist you both today

I am so sorry to hear Isabella is not feeling well. It does sound like she has an ear infection and hopefully the posatex will provide relief but I am worried there might be an inner ear infection with the amount of debris she is building and may require oral antibiotics +/- antiinflammatories to treat her more effectively

For tonight, I would like to avoid the aspirin if possible because it will delay anything your vet might dispense tomorrow that will be more effective in controlling her pain. You can, however give her benadryl at 1 mg/ pound every 8 hours to help her rest more comfortably and hopefully provide some relief from the head shaking and trembling

But yes if she has a moderate to severe ear infection it absolutely can cause whining and trembling and sounds like will require more aggressive medical management by your veterinarian tomorrow

Please let me know how else I can assist you both tonight. I hope she is feeling better soon...

If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION (I am not compensated in any other way). Bonuses are always welcome. Thanks!

If you have additional questions after you rate the question, you are welcome to request me for additional conversations if I am on-line or by beginning your question "Dr. Altman..." or "Dogdoc4u..." and others will leave the questions for me. Good luck to you both!!!

Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.

I am online another 15 minutes tonight if you have any additional questions or concerns...

Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.

I hope that you were able to read my advice and were able to get Isabella to your veterinarian today.
Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you both today!

If you are satisfied with our chat please rate or accept so I may be compensated for my time. Thank you!

Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about Isabella. How is everything going?
Dr. Altman