Dr. Jo
Dr. Jo, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM from Iowa State University in 1994; actively engaged in private regular and emergency practice since that time.
36050890

My yorkie - terrier had diarrhea which start to be bloody in

Customer Question

My yorkie - terrier had diarrhea which start to be bloody in the morning and he vomomited. The doctor prescribe him Caravate liquid 2x a day, Ondansetron 1/4 2x and Metronidazole1/4 2x day ( last Thursday). He suspect an ulcer. I find out my dog eat 4 leafs of African Violet and on the top of it I find out the gross in our complex was sprayed with chemicals. He was doing much better yesterday ( Saturday). Apatite came back. He was happy. Today morning he refuse to eat. First pup ( after 2 days) was without blood, but 2nd a little easy, but without blood. Then he start getting bloody diarrhea 4x. He is sleeping now and I will go back to his doctor tomorrow. I gave him cooked chicken with oatmeal or rice but a little bit, not to much. What can be wrong in case of my dog ? He is 7 years old. Please let me know what you think. Thank you.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Jo replied 1 year ago.

I'm Dr. Jo and I"m here to help with your question about your sick yorkie. I'm so sorry he isn't doing well, but glad you're looking for the information you need.

Before I type in a lengthy response, please let me know you are there and that you understand how the website works by typing in a short reply. Simply type in what you want to say, then click REPLY or SEND. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am here. I was expecting doctor Andy to get back to me.
Expert:  Dr. Jo replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry. It appears Dr. Andy isn't online and available to chat right now. Are you okay with continuing with me, or would you like for me to OPT OUT so you can wait for Dr. Andy?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please just return $5 at this point. When I was on line I write to doctor Andy. I did not expected another doctor.I will not wait until tomorrow.
Expert:  Dr. Jo replied 1 year ago.

I understand, and I apologize that you've not been able to talk to Dr. Andy. Please contact customer service by clicking on the appropriate link to ask for your refund. They can take care of that for you.

Thank you,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did not asked for it. Please cancel. Please return my $5 . Thank you.
Expert:  Dr. Jo replied 1 year ago.

Yes, I understand you would like to cancel. In order to do that you need to contact customer service. I cannot do that for you. I can only answer your veterinary questions.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please send me a number to costumer service. I do not see any option here.
Expert:  Dr. Jo replied 1 year ago.

1(###) ###-####/p>

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Dr. Jo.