Dr Scott Nimmo, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

I am out of town and my house sitter called to tell me my 16

Customer Question

I am out of town and my house sitter called to tell me my 16 year old dachshunds whole body is leaning and going left when he tries to walk
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome,

This is just a quick note to let you know that I am locked on to your question and am working on it now.

My name is***** and I am a small animal vet with many years experience and rest assured I will do my best to answer your question to your satisfaction today. You can expect a written reply sometime within the next fifteen minutes or so.

We also have the option to talk things over by telephone or via an internet service such as Skype. Please get back to me if this is more convenient for you. { There is a small extra charge for phone calls }

Regards,

Dr Scott

Hello again and thanks for waiting.

Sorry to hear Hans is unwell, however I have worked out an answer for you ...

1. This sort of symptom is something you occasionally see in older and geriatric dogs, it can be caused by such things as middle ear disease, strokes, or other neurological diseases affection the brain. Though not typical with your breed you also have to consider slipped disk type back and neck lesions as lesions well.

2. Home remedies are not really available in this sort of situation so all you can do is get Hans taken to a vet at the earliest possibility as the likes of anti-inflammatory meds can sometimes help. In the meantime all you can do is to keep him comfortable, still and reassured until such times a your vet can take look.

I hope I have covered your question fully enough but if you would like further clarification or to talk things over a bit more then I will be on-line for the next hour or so and I will be more than pleased to continue working with you.

Regards,

Dr Scott

Please be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue, such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Since it is Sunday tomorrow and Han's vet will not be available until Monday could this wait until Monday

Hello again,

Well that really depends on what the underlying condition is, but with an old boy like him I have to say the sooner he is seen the better ...

Regards,

Dr Scott