Dr. Amanda
Dr. Amanda, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Associate Veterinarian
88695179

3 month puppy sudden onst of "bloated" abd. eating, bowel

Customer Question

3 month puppy sudden onst of "bloated" abd. eating, bowel and bladder have been normal since. No pain with pressure or palp to abd. No change in his demeanor.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No diff breathing or rapid Heart rate also.
Expert:  Dr. Amanda replied 1 year ago.

My name is***** and I am sorry to hear that your puppy appears "bloated." It there any possibility that your puppy helped himself to too much food or could he have been overfed this evening? Based on your history, the first thing I would think about is food bloat or overeating. If this is the case, I would recommend offering only water tonight and offering only half his normal breakfast in the morning.

Another possibility would be that he ate something that is not food such as garbage or plants outside. Is this a possibility?

The last thing I would think about is intestinal worms. Did you have your puppy dewormed when you took him in for vaccines or did the breeder deworm him?

I would watch him closely for vomiting tonight and if he doe vomit, then examine the vomit closely to ensure that it is only food and no trash.

I hope this answer helps you. Feel free to contact me if you have any further questions.

Dr. Amanda

Kansas State University

College of Veterinary Medicine Class of 2001

Expert:  Dr. Amanda replied 1 year ago.

How is your puppy? Is his abdomen back to normal size?

Do you have any more questions for me?

Also, if you would consider rating my answer, I would greatly appreciate it.

Best regards,

Dr. Amanda

Expert:  Dr. Amanda replied 1 year ago.

If you are satisfied with my assistance, please take a moment to use the stars at the top of the page to rate my answer so that I will be compensated for answering your question. For future questions, you can find me here: http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=88695179&FID=0

Best regards,

Dr. Amanda

Expert:  Dr. Amanda replied 1 year ago.

I haven’t hear back from you in a while. How is your pet this evening? Do you have any more question for me? If you are satisfied with my assistance, please take a moment to use the stars at the top of the page to rate my answer so that I will be compensated for answering your question. For future questions, you can find me here: http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=88695179&FID=0

Best regards,

Dr. Amanda