Dr. Joey
Dr. Joey, Board Certified
Experience:  15 yrs in practice, specialist canine/feline medicine
20970409

My german shepherd has a sticky saliva on both sides of s

Customer Question

my german shepherd has a sticky saliva on both sides of his mouth and much debris seems to stick an cake on it.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Joey replied 1 year ago.

Hello I am Dr. Joey. Thanks for trusting me to help you and your pet today. I am a licensed veterinarian with over 15 years of experience. I look forward to working with you.

I may need a bit more information to provide you with a good answer to your inquiry. What is your exact question? Are you asking what this could be?

1)How long has she had this issue, and does the crusted area only involve the mouth? If only the mouth is it at the corners or is it in the lower part toward the front?

2)When you have used the animax in the past, has it helped?

3) Has your veterinarian done any testing on this (skin scrapings for cytology or mites, or biopsy)?

Thank you for taking a moment to answer my questions. This really helps me to get you the best answer possible.