Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

I am making an simple algorism between and weather and the

Customer Question

Hi I am making an simple algorism between and weather and the dog for the app. So if people put their dog's profile info( age,breed, hair ) then can get some guide for their dog rely on the weather. What do you think about this idea? as a Veterinarian.
Age - activity rate (5 min per 1 month recommended/ breed difference)
Hair - Long (recommend hair cut spring / fall for skin condition & tick problem)
Short - White: brighter color > more affected from sunlight (sunburn/ skin cancer)
-Black
Breed - exercise needs
-health grooming
-sensitivity level (about weather)
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Deana Marta replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I think it's a very interesting and creative idea! Innovation is what America is built on, and this is certainly an innovative idea once implemented! I feel to create such an algorithm would require an extensive amount of research, specifically from peer reviewed journals to collect the appropriate data. You are absolutely right that certain breeds and phenotypes are predisposed to a variety of different maintenance requirements and health issues. You can use a search engine called pup med to look for articles related to your objectives. I hope you found my input valuable and helpful. Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help answer your question. Good luck!

I apologize, I found a typo in my response. The search engine is PUB MED. (not pup med)