Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  More than 30 years of companion animal practice.
11877925

Is it ok to give your dog a supple ment of 900mg of natures

Customer Question

is it ok to give your dog a supple ment of 900mg of natures noni which contains morinda citrifolia,officianalis
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry to hear you are worried about Nikko. I am a veterinarian and will do my best to help. My name is Rebecca

Did your vet check his prostate, or do a urinalysis to be sure this is not an infection?

This could be "benign prostatic bleeding", which is seen in older dogs that are not neutered. The only way to stop this is to have him neutered. I am glad to hear that the supplements you tried help, so you could just continue giving them. I checked, and Noni appears to be safe in dogs, although no specific studies have been done to study it in dogs.

I would do a urinalysis to check for infection if he were mine if that has not been done. Let me know what else I can help with or answer.

Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.

Can I help with anything else? Was this helpful? Rebecca