Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

I have 11 yr old pit -beagle mix who has a mass growing in

Customer Question

I have 11 yr old pit bull-beagle mix who has a mass growing in her abdomen, attached to the liver, that is pushing her stomach and intestines up and back (just had xray and ultrasound). Looking for a second opinion on what can be done for her.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry to hear of this with Chyna. Can you upload a copy of her test results to our conversation? I understand that you might not have a copy of the results at home but her vet should be able to give you one which you could scan into your computer and give me the link or you can photograph the page(s) and upload the images by using the paperclip icon in the toolbar above your message box (if you can see such an icon) or by using an external app such as imgur.com or dropbox.com. If serum biochemistries suggest metastasis of this mass (elevated liver or pancreatic enzymes, elevated calcium, nonregenerative anemia) you might elect to hospice Chyna on a narcotic analgesic such as morphine or buprenorphine. If serum biochemistries are unremarkable we can needle biopsy the mass under ultrasound guidance to better understand Chyna's prognosis or perform an exploratory laparotomy to see if the mass is resectable and, if so, remove and biopsy it at that time.

Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your response. I do not have any of the paperwork with me, so I will need to get back with you later in the day.

No worries. I'll watch for your next post.