Dr. Ann M.
Dr. Ann M., Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  ER and general medicine Veterinarian since 2005
15015521

My dog has these little bulges under s skin, they feel like

Customer Question

My dog has these little bulges under his skin, they feel like muscle but there about two inches wide and look like bubbles under the skin what could this bee
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Ann M. replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed, internship-trained veterinarian with 10 years experience in general medicine and emergency and critical care medicine and I would be happy to assist you. Please be patient as there may be slight delays in responses as I research your pet's issue.

Can you attach some photos? How long have they been there?

Expert:  Dr. Ann M. replied 1 year ago.

OK. Do they feel soft, like they might be made of fat? Or are they firm?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Soft like muscle
Expert:  Dr. Ann M. replied 1 year ago.

OK, thanks. I suspect that these are lipomas, which are benign fatty tumors that can often lay under a muscle layer. The only way to know for sure, however, is to see your veterinarian and have your veterinarian stick a needle in them and get some cells out and look under a microscope. I would see your veterinarian and have that done, and if they are just fat under muscle, I wouldn't worry about them. There are other masses, however, that can feel like that, and they are cancerous. So it is important to have this test run to know for certain. It is not an expensive test.

Expert:  Dr. Ann M. replied 1 year ago.

I hope that I have answered your question thoroughly. If you still have questions, please reply. If you feel that I have provided anything less than excellent service, please reply to me first before rating my service and let me know how I can better assist you. Thank you for your question; it has been a pleasure being able to provide assistance. Best of luck.

Expert:  Dr. Ann M. replied 1 year ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about Clay. How is everything going?
Dr. Ann M.