Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My issue is regarding a ca. 12 year old mixed breed

Customer Question

Customer: Hi, my issue is regarding a ca. 12 year old mixed breed bitch (lab/collie/staffie). She has deteriorated very suddenly - on Mon 5th Oct am she went for a long walk and was absolutely fine and lively but had some bloody diarrhoea.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Sorry, I hit return too soon. I called a mobile vet to her monday evening who said she seemed ok and it was probably a return of pancreatitis. On Mon eve her back legs collapsed and were very wobbly. She wouldn't eat but would drink water. Tues she was lying around, I called vet again who said that it was probably a brain tumour as there was a neurologial problem in the legs (ie. paws bending backwards). I kept her comfortable and she was obviously able to get up during the night as there was a bit of dark diarrhoea with some red clotty blood in on the other side of the room she's in, she's also turned around a couple of times.
JA: OK got it. Last thing – JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $19) to post your type of question to Dog Veterinary Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Today her neurological signs are better with response in legs but not getting up. Drinking but not urinating and not wanting to get up. Not urinating worries me. She has kept water down except for a couple of occasions where she was given cold water and brought it up almost immediately. She's not hydrated, vet said her heart was ok and she couldn't sense anything and there seemed to be no pain in the abdomen. Had a blood test a few weeks ago - normal but pancreas inflamed. How long is the wait? Thanks
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have an account but there's a problem with my password ***** when I typed in the email address to use it wasn't accepted. How can I get a reply? Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm cancelling this question please. I logged into JustAnswer US by mistake so have now logged into UK Just Answer.
Thanks
Expert:  James-cssm replied 1 year ago.
Hi!
We received your customer service inquiry, however, we are unable to respond to you because we do not have your email address. Please contact customer support at***@******.*** and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you. http://www.justanswer.com/dog-health/9cffu-customer-issue-regarding-ca-12-year-old-mixed.html. Thank you, ***** ***** Customer Support Team.