Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian
Experience:  Practicing small animal veterinarian for 17 years.
53976849

My dog just ate a whole bottle of human vitamins what should

Customer Question

My dog just ate a whole bottle of human vitamins what should I do?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Justanswer! I am Dr. Altman and happy to assist you both today!

If your dog ingested this within the last hour then you can induce vomiting with 3% hydrogen peroxide 1 tsp per ten pounds then walk around to mix it in the stomach and agitate the lining. If no vomiting within 10-15 minutes it can be repeated once only in hopes of inducing vomiting.

Luckily most of these will not be toxic but without a weight for your dog and the vitamin supplement name it is difficult to distinguish this point but first and foremost getting it out of her system is advised to hopefully reduce any gi upset that may result or any issues with ingestion of such a large quantity in a dog (risk varies with weight and supplement ingested)

I hope this information makes sense but please induce vomiting asap to remove it from her system. If she doesn't vomit after the second round of peroxide I would consider a veterinary er to give stronger medication such as apomorphine to get her to bring up the supplement contents...

If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION (I am not compensated in any other way). Bonuses are always welcome. Thanks!

If you have additional questions after you rate the question, you are welcome to request me for additional conversations if I am on-line or by beginning your question "Dr. Altman..." or "Dogdoc4u..." and others will leave the questions for me. Good luck to you both!!!

Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.

I am online another 15 minutes tonight if I can be of any further assistance tonight

Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.

I am glad to see you were able to view my responses. I am going to be signing off, is there anything else I can clarify for you before I go?

Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.

Good morning, I wanted to check in on you and your dog to see how things went after asking your question last night? I would love an update on her when you are able...

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you both today!

If you are satisfied with our chat please rate or accept so I may be compensated for my time. Thank you!