Dr. Whitehead
Dr. Whitehead, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, internship trained, with 5 years of experience in high quality practice treating dogs, cats, and some exotics.
13146597

Boxer dog has severe ear inflamation

Customer Question

Boxer dog has severe ear inflamation
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Whitehead replied 1 year ago.

Hello there. I am sorry to hear that Trouble has such bad ear inflammation. I am happy to help you this evening. Usually this is caused by an ear infection. It is best to have her checked out by your vet to find out what kind of infection is present and to get appropriate medications. Over the counter medications you have used can help mild problems but more moderate or severe infections like this will need prescription medications unfortunately. Until then you can give benadryl at a dose of 1 mg per pound by mouth every 8 hours to her to help with some of the inflammation. But the cause has to be determined by your vet then appropriate medications will be dispensed for her to help her ears.

I hope this helps and I hope this makes sense. Please do not hesitate to ask if you have any further questions or concerns. I would be happy to help. Please do not forget to rate my response so I receive credit for my time. Thank you!

Please do not hesitate to ask if you have any questions or concerns. I want to make sure your questions is answered fully. I am happy to help. Please do not forget to rate my response so I receive credit for my time. Thank you!