Dr. Emily
Dr. Emily, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Associate veterinarian at a small animal clinic
77376308

My dog Buddah got fleas a month and a half ago. Got rid of

Customer Question

Hi, my dog Buddah got fleas a month and a half ago. Got rid of the fleas but during that time I started getting bit. Flea bites turned into what I thought were mites, now im seeing clead/white flakey things all over my apartment, bathroom, clothes, on me, my cat, floors, kitchen everything in fridge and pantry immediatly gets infested with them. Gave him a bath today and they turned into clear slimy things on his fur that made a popping sound when pulling them off, any Idea what it could be? Its driving me nuts and has made me my dog and cat constantly uncomfortable
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The clear flaky things become gel like when wet and look like they are swimming, I clean one spot and they reappear so fast, little black spots that are invisible untill cleaning product is put on it. Dog also has been licking his mouth alot. No sign of worms in rectal area...
Expert:  Dr. Kara replied 1 year ago.

I am going to opt out of this question as I have not seen any sort of skin parasites that can affect multiple species and seem adherent to hair like you are seeing.

Please don't respond or it will come back to me.

I hope that another veterinarian on the site has some experience with this sort of parasite.

Expert:  Dr. Emily replied 1 year ago.

My name is***** Is your dog still battling this issue? Do you have any photos you could attach for us to further evaluate the situation?