Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Veterinary Questions
Welcome to Justanswer! I am Dr. Altman and happy to assist you both today!If your dog ingested this within the last hour then you can induce vomiting with 3% hydrogen peroxide 1 tsp per ten pounds (3 tbsp & 1 tsp for Moto) then walk around to mix it in the stomach and agitate the lining. If no vomiting within 10-15 minutes it can be repeated once only in hopes of inducing vomiting.Even with her size I would not take a chance with this medication which can cause what is called an intuscuseption which is when the intestines feed into themselves and surgery is needed to remove the section of bowel. It can potentially be very serious and should be removed from her system as soon as possible as a precautionThe know toxic dose for this drug in dogs is 0.08mg/kg. If Moto is 98 pounds (44.5 kg) and ingested 2 mg of prograf that would mean the ingested dose is 0.04 mg/kg. Even though this is below the toxic dose this medication scares me enough to remove it from her system as a precautionI hope this information makes sense but please let me know how else I can assist you both tonight
If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION (I am not compensated in any other way). Bonuses are always welcome. Thanks!
If you have additional questions after you rate the question, you are welcome to request me for additional conversations if I am on-line or by beginning your question "Dr. Altman..." or "Dogdoc4u..." and others will leave the questions for me. Good luck to you both!!!
Good evening I wanted to check in on you and Moto to see how he is doing after you asked your question yesterday? I would love an update when you are able...
Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you both today!
If you are satisfied with our chat please rate or accept so I may be compensated for my time. Thank you!