Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian
Experience:  Practicing small animal veterinarian for 17 years.
53976849

A 6 month chihuahua that wieghs 4.6 pounds will eat a whole

Customer Question

A 6 month chihuahua that wieghs 4.6 pounds will eat a whole raw carrot everyday, will that increase her blood sauger?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Justanswer! I am Dr Altman and happy to assist you both today!

I also have two Chi's and feed carrots every day :)

With her size I would advise only half a carrot daily. I feed my big chewer the bigger half while my littler girl gets the smaller half. This way it is not as filling so they still want to ear their meals and also not terribly binding nor changing sugar levels too much

I think it is great you are being proactive with carrots as a filler but great also for dental disease prevention!

I hope this information makes sense but please let me know how else I can assist you both tonight!

If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION (I am not compensated in any other way). Bonuses are always welcome. Thanks!

If you have additional questions after you rate the question, you are welcome to request me for additional conversations if I am on-line or by beginning your question "Dr. Altman..." or "Dogdoc4u..." and others will leave the questions for me. Good luck to you both!!!

Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.

I am glad to see you were able to view my responses earlier.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you both today!

If you are satisfied with our chat please rate or accept so I may be compensated for my time. Thank you!