Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

My 5 year old lap has gone to the vet about every two weeks

Customer Question

My 5 year old lap has gone to the vet about every two weeks for the past month. The reason we took her in is vomiting. She couldnt stop. Then she would shake and wince in pain. Both times she was given anti nausea and antacid injections, IV fluids. They took xrays and thought her bowels look a little swollen but no blockages. They did full blood panel which came back normal. They sent her home with 5 day antibiotic, anti nausea pill and antacid...ID canned wrt dog food. She's fine for two weeks and now she's vomiting up all her food and we woke up to find thst she has began vomiting blood. I dont know what to do? We cannot spend another $1k and not know whst is wrong. Any help or ideas is appreciated.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She is shaking and wincing in pain also
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Can you upload a copy of her most recent test results to our conversation? I understand that you might not have a copy of the results at home but his vet should be able to give you one which you could scan into your computer and give me the link or you can photograph the page(s) and upload the images by using the paperclip icon in the toolbar above your message box (if you can see such an icon) or by using an external app such as imgur.com or dropbox.com. I not only review the test results but also see which tests should have been performed but weren't.