Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of internal medicine, surgery, and preventive care.
25161683

My lab Began throwing up last night latter in the even

Customer Question

My lab Began throwing up last night latter in the even bloody stools
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.

Welcome and thanks for asking your question. I am sorry the expert you requested is not available. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am happy to answer your question today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.
There may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies as I type out a thorough reply for you.

1- Was this last night 24 hours ago? If so, how is he doing now?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He ate a large breakfast we'd morning Was acting alright we we put him out side. He how thrown his food it had a red tinge to it. After bring him in he had about 4 different events of diarrhea very runny with a light red colot
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.

1- Is he lethargic?

2- Did he get into anything or eat something out of the ordinary?

3- How many hours since the last time he vomited?

4- Any pre existing medical conditions?

5- How much does he weigh?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Very lethargic he did not get into anything we are aware he is kept in our yard. He weighs about 90 lbs
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.

1- How many hours since the last time he vomited?

2- Any pre existing medical conditions?

3- Can you take a look at his gums and see if they are pink or pale?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No pre existing conditions last vomit about 24 hrs ago we cannot check his gums he is with a vet we just want a second opinion
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.

What would you like to know? Do you have specific questions?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The question is what is wrong with my do
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.

Give me a few minutes to type your answer. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The local vet is waiting on blood work we are worried and looking for answers
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.

Friend, bloody vomiting and diarrhea can be caused by many different medical conditions. Common causes are: Ingestion of a foreign body, infections, toxicity, HGE, tumors or even part of a systemic disease. In other words, this can be caused by many different conditions. In order to determine the exact underlying your family vet will need to do some blood work and xrays as initial screening test. Pending lab results your vet can start him on supportive care of IV fluids, anti emetics, broad spectrum antibiotics, etc.

If your vet is waiting on blood work I would discuss with your vet about taking xrays in the meantime.

Please do not forget to rate my answer - I hope you found it to be excellent. If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know. It’s my goal to provide you with excellent service." Thank you for your business and I hope to work with you again soon!