PATRICK KEITH
PATRICK KEITH,
Experience:  Veterinarian at SPCA
77654230

I left my puppy in arizona alone with my cousine because

Customer Question

I left my puppy in arizona alone with my cousine because when i took my puppy with me to the airport they refuse to let my puppy fly becuase they wanted a rabies certificate and it should state that my puppy to her rabies vaccine 30 days before my flight.. now i need a help to be able to ship my puppy as soon as possible because my cousin cant deal with puppies and dogs please help
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  PATRICK KEITH replied 1 year ago.

Hello, My name is***** and I will try to answer any questions you have.

Having been in practice almost 20 years, I have seen a number of clients get "stuck" so to speak because of rules imposed by the airlines. One thing that is important to understand is that most airlines will follow the recommendation of the AVMA (American Veterinary Medical Association) as far as requirements for shipping animals. That being said, each airline can and do impose their own regulations. You need to look at the website for the airlines you are using and find specific information that they requrie.

It could be that if your puppy is taken to a local veterinarian and you get an exam and health certificate, as well as Rabies vaccine, the airline may wave their 30 day rule. But, NO guarantee. I would advise trying another airline if the health certificate will not satisfy the airline of your present choice. You also need to realize that each airline has specific requirements on how you can ship an animal, including age restrictions, size of container they are shipped in, availability of food and water, how the container is labeled, etc.

Many times in larger cities, there are people who have businesses where they take care of issues such as this for clients such as your self.

Bot***** *****ne, if your puppy is in Arizona and you are now in another city, someone in AZ is going to have to give you a hand. As expensive as it may be, you may need to pay for a health certificate, shipping kennel, etc.

I hope this has been helpful. I will post additional services so we can proceed as needed.