Dr. Amanda
Dr. Amanda, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Associate Veterinarian
88695179

10wk old pit puppy was sick 5dats ago and now acts sick

Customer Question

10wk old pit puppy was sick 5dats ago and now acts sick again . Same symptoms ! Not eating or drinking , tries to throw up but only clear liquid comes out and just a small amount . Last week or 8 days ago had his 2nd shots
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Amanda replied 1 year ago.

My name is***** and I am very sorry to hear that Diesel is sick. Vomiting in puppies can be caused by numerous different things. Possibilities include eating something irritating to the intestines such as a plant or bug, eating something that blocked the intestines such as a sock or plastic, infectious causes such as intestinal worms or parvo.

For tonight, I would recommend taking away the water so that Diesel can't over drink and cause more irritation to his stomach. After he stops vomiting for 4 hours, you can give him a small amount (1/4cup) of water once every 30 minutes until his thirst is satisfied. If by morning he stops vomiting, you can try offering a bland breakfast such as chicken and rice or eggs and rice.

If he continues vomiting or starts having diarrhea, I recommend taking him to your regular veterinarian first thing in the morning. They will likely recommend blood work, a fecal exam, a parvo test and abdominal x-rays. Once they determine the cause of the vomiting, they will recommend treatments for him.

If the vomit becomes bloody, if he becomes very weak or starts having bloody diarrhea tonight, you will need to take him to the nearest animal emergency room right away.

Best regards, ***** ***** this answer helps you.

Dr. Amanda

Kansas State University,

College of Veterinary Medicine Class of 2001

Expert:  Dr. Amanda replied 1 year ago.

Hi, How is your puppy this evening? Any more vomiting or diarrhea?

Do you have any more questions for me?

Also, if you would consider rating my answer, I would greatly appreciate it.

Best regards,

Dr. Amanda

Expert:  Dr. Amanda replied 1 year ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about Diesel. How is everything going?
Amanda Mouradian-Dar
Expert:  Dr. Amanda replied 1 year ago.

If you are satisfied with my assistance, please take a moment to use the stars at the top of the page to rate my answer so that I will be compensated for answering your question. For future questions, you can find me here: http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=88695179&FID=0

Best regards,

Dr. Amanda

Expert:  Dr. Amanda replied 1 year ago.

I haven’t hear back from you in a while. How is your pet this evening? Do you have any more question for me? If you are satisfied with my assistance, please take a moment to use the stars at the top of the page to rate my answer so that I will be compensated for answering your question. For future questions, you can find me here: http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=88695179&FID=0

Best regards,

Dr. Amanda