Dr. Barbara
Dr. Barbara, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 30 years experience in veterinary medicine and surgery.
56364752

My dog has been trembling, especially in her nd quarters,

Customer Question

My dog has been trembling, especially in her hind quarters, but also all over, dilated pupils, heart pounding, hot nose, lethargy.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Barbara replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer!

I'm Dr. Barbara and will be happy to assist you today.

This sounds like a seizure. Is she still trembling with dilated pupils? How long has she been lethargic?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She has been trembling on and off since last night, trembling like shivers when lying down or standing up. Lethargic and just sort of weird and sheepish behavior (very uncharacteristic) since last night. Not sociable, no appetite. Not at all herself.

Thanks for your response. This is definitely not a seizure then. Trembling, lethargy and anorexia are all signs of illness. Is she able to drink water? Is she vomiting at all? Is she breathing OK? Is the color of her gums pink, and when you push on them, does the color return in 2 seconds or less? Would you be able to take her temperature rectally?

I have to be away from my computer for about 5-6 hours. I'll opt out so you can have a veterinarian available to you during that time. I'm concerned about your little girl and do think she should be seen by your vet there.

Thank you and good luck,

Dr. Barbara

I'm back and I see that no other expert has contacted you. . .sorry.

How is your little girl doing by tonight?

Hope to hear from you tonight,

Dr. Barbara