Dr. Ann M.
Dr. Ann M., Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  ER and general medicine Veterinarian since 2005
15015521

My 5 year old mini poodle was constipated days; a trip to

Customer Question

My 5 year old mini poodle was constipated for 5 days; a trip to the vet for x rays showed no blockage and stool in the lower GI tract; no improvement after dulcolax, so on a return visit, vet administered an enema and she had a bowel movement. It is ovbious she is in distress when squatting to go. She cannot squat and stay, she moves around and looks to be in pain. Any ideas what is going on?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Ann M. replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed, internship-trained veterinarian with 10 years experience in general medicine and emergency and critical care medicine and I would be happy to assist you. Please be patient as there may be slight delays in responses as I research your pet's issue.

Are you quite certain this is squatting to defecate, not urinate? Has your vet performed a rectal exam? Checked the anal sacs?

Expert:  Dr. Ann M. replied 1 year ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about Bailey. How is everything going?
Dr. Ann M.