PATRICK KEITH
PATRICK KEITH,
Experience:  Veterinarian at SPCA
77654230

I bought a Morkie today, paid $400. I'm pretty sure she has

Customer Question

I bought a Morkie today, paid $400. I'm pretty sure she has kennel cough and an inguinal hernia. They will "get it repaired" but Shoukd I ask for some of my money back because the dog has had surgery at 11 weeks old? How much more serious is that over an umbilical one?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  PATRICK KEITH replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** and I would be happy to help you today. I have done a tremendous amount of surgery during my career, including a lot of spay/neuter work. I see umbilical hernias on a regular basis. This is a very, very common defect. It is easily correctable as a general rule. Patients seem to recovery well. Whether or not you can obtain some sort of partial refund will be a negotiating point between you and the seller. I would be surprised if they gave you any type of refund due to how common this defect is. Personally I would be happy if they agreed to fix the hernia. It would indicate that they are reasonable, cooperative sellers and care about the dogs they sell and making sure the puppies are going to gooe homes. I would recommend taking with them again and make sure they follow up with their commitment to fix the hernia.

I hope I have helped you today. Providing excellent service is my goal. Please take the time to leave a review so that I may improve my services

Kind regards, ***** *****