Dr. Amanda
Dr. Amanda, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Associate Veterinarian
88695179

My doxie Rosie was found with a tomcat pellet in her mouth

Customer Question

My doxie Rosie was found with a tomcat pellet in her mouth it was still dry and none was missing from the pellet . Should I take her to my vet in the morning? Is there anything I should be doing now? This happened about 6 hours ago. I just got home and my husband told me about it.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Amanda replied 1 year ago.

My name is***** and I am sorry to hear that your dog ate rat poison. Do you still have the package for the product?

I would strongly recommend taking your dog and the packaging to your regular veterinarian in the morning. At the least, they will put Rosie on the antidote, Vit K1 so that she doesn't develop internal bleeding. For more information you can call the 800 number on the package or call ASPCA Animal Poison Control. They are your best resource for any animal poison-related emergency, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. If you think that your pet may have ingested a potentially poisonous substance, call (888)(###) ###-####/strong>. A $65 consultation fee may be applied to your credit card. They will ask you the name of the product as well as any listed ingredient and will tell you if the product is toxic and if you should rush your pet to the nearest veterinarian.

Best regards, ***** ***** this answer helps you.

Dr. Amanda

Kansas State University,

College of Veterinary Medicine Class of 2001

Expert:  Dr. Amanda replied 1 year ago.

How is Rosie this evening? Did you end up taking her to the veterinarian this morning? Do you have any more questions for me?

Also, if you would consider rating our conversation, I would greatly appreciate it.

Best regards,

Dr. Amanda

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
to the vet today. She had a shot of Vitamin k and pills to take for 14 days. She seems to be good playing with her toys. Thank you. Sherry
Expert:  Dr. Amanda replied 1 year ago.

You're welcome. Have a good evening.

Dr. Amanda

Expert:  Dr. Amanda replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I am just following up to see if you would consider rating our conversation? Thanks so much. Dr. A

Expert:  Dr. Amanda replied 1 year ago.
Hi Sherry,
I'm just following up on our conversation about Rosie. How is everything going?
Amanda Mouradian-Dar
Expert:  Dr. Amanda replied 1 year ago.

If you are satisfied with my assistance, please take a moment to use the stars at the top of the page to rate my answer so that I will be compensated for answering your question. For future questions, you can find me here: http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=88695179&FID=0

Best regards,

Dr. Amanda

Expert:  Dr. Amanda replied 1 year ago.

I haven’t hear back from you in a while. How is your pet this evening? Do you have any more question for me? If you are satisfied with my assistance, please take a moment to use the stars at the top of the page to rate my answer so that I will be compensated for answering your question. For future questions, you can find me here: http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=88695179&FID=0

Best regards,

Dr. Amanda