Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian
Experience:  Practicing small animal veterinarian for 17 years.
53976849

My dog just ate sugar scrub had sugar salt coconut oil

Customer Question

My dog just ate sugar scrub had sugar salt coconut oil sesame oil Key Lime fragrance and natural key lime oil hundred percent natural and glycerin soap he had 2 bites weighs 60 pounds Catahoula Leopard Brendle mix what do I need to do she seems okay for now
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Justanswer! I am Dr. Altman and happy to assist you both today!

Luckily there is nothing that you listed that will cause any toxicity in your dog. She may have an upset stomach for 24 hours (reduced appetite, lethargy, vomiting, diarrhea) or simply have no issues whatsoever so monitoring would be advised at this point

You can do 0.25 mg/pound famotidine (pepcid) as an antacid over the counter every 12 hours for a few days to help minimize her gi upset but please do not repeat the milk. Dogs are quite lactose intolerant and this likely will lead to higher risk of gi upset tonight

Tomorrow small more frequent bland diet such as white rice and boiled chicken and monitor for any issues but again I don't expect you are going to have any problems with your girl today

Please let me know if you have any additional questions I can assist with today!

If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION (I am not compensated in any other way). Bonuses are always welcome. Thanks!

If you have additional questions after you rate the question, you are welcome to request me for additional conversations if I am on-line or by beginning your question "Dr. Altman..." or "Dogdoc4u..." and others will leave the questions for me. Good luck to you both!!!

Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.

Good morning I wanted to check on your dog to see if she had any issues with the ingestion of the sugar scrub? I would love an update when you are able!

If you are satisfied with my responses please rate or accept so I may be compensated for my time. Thank you!