Dr. Ann M.
Dr. Ann M., Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  ER and general medicine Veterinarian since 2005
15015521

Dog has mass cell cancer trying to figur out how to treat

Customer Question

Dog has mass cell cancer trying to figur out how to treat the soars on his stomach
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Ann M. replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed, internship-trained veterinarian with 10 years experience in general medicine and emergency and critical care medicine and I would be happy to assist you. Please be patient as there may be slight delays in responses as I research your pet's issue.

What kind of sores does he have? Is it the mast cell tumors, or a different kind of sores?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's mass cell tumor
Expert:  Dr. Ann M. replied 1 year ago.

Okay. What medications is your dog on and how much does your dog weigh?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My dog is taking prédisone nuvet vitamins Benadryl krill oil pills. I have changed his diet to a grain free diet brown rice and sweet potato toes I have being spraying them with apple cider vinegar waiter and baby oil mixture
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He ways 75 ponds. He has good appetite
Expert:  Dr. Ann M. replied 1 year ago.

Okay. I would try applying hydrocortisone cream to the lesions twice daily, and triple antibiotic cream to them twice daily in between the applications of hydrocortisone. Sometimes the blood flow is not great to these masses, and so the oral steroid does not penetrate well enough. Give that a try.

I hope that I have answered your question thoroughly. If you still have questions, please reply. If you feel that I have provided anything less than excellent service, please reply to me first before rating my service and let me know how I can better assist you. Thank you for your question; it has been a pleasure being able to provide assistance. Best of luck.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok going to the store now
Expert:  Dr. Ann M. replied 1 year ago.

Sounds good! Feel free to keep me posted, and please remember to rate my service so that I will receive credit for assisting you. Take care.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do you prevent him from licking
Expert:  Dr. Ann M. replied 1 year ago.

Put a T-shirt on him, or purchase a cone collar from the pet store and have him wear that.