Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

I am with a 5 year old pitbull whom has steadily increased

Customer Question

Hello, I am with a 5 year old pitbull whom has steadily increased in pain over the last week.. She is whining and shows discomfort in her chest area, and also has anal excretions..
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner and I regret that I'm not allowed to correspond with customers by phone. Loca's symptoms of pain as evidenced by whining and discomfort in her chest as well as "anal secretions" are important symptoms but they're not pathognomonic (specifically indicative) of any one disorder. The pain may be arising from her spine such as might be seen with degenerative disk disease (a "slipped disk") or perhaps just simple injury. The anal secretions may be from her anal glands which if impacted/infected can be quite painful. I know you didn't come to this site to be told that Loca's vet will need to perform a thorough physical exam on Loca in order to identify the source of Loca's pain and express her anal glands to better understand what those anal secretions represent but that's the best advice I can give you for I, too, would need to thoroughly examine Loca.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your response, we are currently at the hospital for this condition and hope to get her back on her feet soon.. Is there a way to receive a refund for this online service? Thanks, Chris

Thank you for the update. Please contact***@******.*** for questions not concerning Loca's health.