Dr. Dan
Dr. Dan, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  12 years of experience with domestic and exotic dogs, PLEASE rate my service when satisfied.
17018043

My dog ate a kids neutragena sunstick. It is paba free.

Customer Question

my dog ate a kids neutragena sunstick. It is paba free. trying to find ingredients now. Called poison control by they want $65 to tell me if I need to go to the vets or not. She is a 4 year old golden retriever who eats everything.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hello!

Thank you for your question, I'm Dr. Dan and I'll try to help you.

I did review the ingredients of the kids sunstick that you mentioned and there is nothing in there that is toxic at the doses in the sunscreen stick. At most you'll see an episode of vomiting or a short term bout of diarrhea but that should be it. The only reason she should need to see a vet is if she is vomiting more than once, or becomes lethargic or has facial swelling which means she's allergic to it and needs treatment. In most cases she'll have an upset stomach but otherwise she'll be fine.

I hope this helps, if not please feel free to ask more questions.

Dr. Dan

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks! I thought so but wanted to make sure. Saves me a trip to the vet when my husband is really sick with Shingles and I have two kids. Dont need to throw the dog in there too!
Expert:  Dr. Dan replied 1 year ago.

You are welcome! Give my best to your husband. Dont' forget to leave a rating.

Dr. Dan