Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in surgery and internal medicine.
16881297

My pup cuhuauah is thrown up once, dirriea once, snessed

Customer Question

My pup cuhuauah is thrown up once, dirriea once, snessed once after pepto.no energy, she is 17 weeks old and weighs 3.2lbs
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

It may be that sweet little Chloe has ingested something that did not agree with her stomach. IF this is the case, follow these instructions:

Fast Chloe for 12 hrs to allow the digestive tract to calm down and heal.
Give her Pepcid AC or Famotidine at 0.5 mg per pound every 8 hrs. That can be purchased over the counter at the pharmacy.
Give only small amounts of water during the fast or ice cubes
After the fast, feed rice and boiled chicken (2/1)

If the vomiting and diarrhea has resolved, then wean Chloe back onto regular food. If the vomiting persists especially during the fast, take her to your vet for an exam and lab work to determine the cause for this. This is extremely important since this can cause dehydration or other more serious concerns. WE always worry more about the very young puppies that are so tiny....if she does not respond quickly, have your vet examine her right away.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, ***** *****