Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of internal medicine, surgery, and preventive care.
25161683

I have a 15 month old French Bulldog with redness and

Customer Question

I have a 15 month old French Bulldog with redness and swelling around her vulva. She is scooting her vulva as well. There is no discharge but I need a remedy for the itching until I can see the vet.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.

Welcome and thanks for asking your question. I am sorry the expert you requested is not available. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am happy to answer your question today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.
There may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies as I type out a thorough reply for you.

1- Is she licking her vagina?

2- Is she urinating more frequently?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She isn't licking but she cannot reach it because her neck is too short. However she was scooting last night which created a lot of inflammation. I gave her a Benadryl which seemed to stem the scooting. There is still readiness this morning but less inflamed.She isn't urinated more frequently and there isn't any discharge.
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.

Friend, it sounds like she has some vaginitis. This is what you can do until she is seen by family veterinarian:

1- Pick up in your local pharmacy "Hibiclens" antimicrobial soap or chlorhexiderm scrub. Wash area with this soap 2-3 times a day. If you do not find the above soap use over the counter antibacterial soap.

2- After washing affected area as above apply a topical hydrocortisone cream; you can buy this over the counter in any pharmacy. Do this 2-3 times a day for the next 7-10 days.

3- Follow up with your family veterinarian.

Please do not forget to rate my answer - I hope you found it to be excellent. If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know. It’s my goal to provide you with excellent service." Thank you for your business and I hope to work with you again soon!

Dr. Peter