Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

One nostril on my dog showed a bit of or drying on the edge

Customer Question

Hello, One nostril on my dog showed a bit of brown or drying on the edge and has advanced to cover half of one side of her nose. This nostril is swollen and red inside with clear discharge. I think she may need to see the vet? Thanks
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Can you upload a photo of her nose to our conversation? You can use the paperclip icon in the toolbar above your message box (if that icon is visible) or you can use an external app such as imgur.com or dropbox.com. I can be more accurate for you if I can see what you're seeing. Please tell me how old she is and how long these changes have been present.