Dr. Drew
Dr. Drew, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Small Animal Medicine and Surgery
6340741

Sorry, had question about my boxer, need to grab my wallet

Customer Question

Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr B replied 1 year ago.

HI this is DRB. What is your question?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a boxer, she is around 5 years old, she has been laying on a pillow on the floor for over 4 hours, she will not get up, she just looks and lays back down. We did take her to a couple flea markets today, we gave her cold bottled water between. She came home and was fine over an hour, then this. She will also shake on occasion.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She is up to date on shots and all, plus was given her trifexis just last week.
Expert:  Dr B replied 1 year ago.

I ma going to opt out and let another expert help you. Thank you, DRB

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Why did I pay for this answer???
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I came here to get advise. I had to pay and join this thing??? Now your telling me you have no answer???
Expert:  Dr. Drew replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm a licensed veterinarian and I'll be happy to help you. I see that Dr. B had to step out of the conversation, but if you would like to continue, I'll try to assist in any way I can.

Expert:  Dr. Drew replied 1 year ago.

The things I'd check in this situation, would be the gum color (are they pink like normal [like your own gums], or are they pale or dark red?),

I'd check all four feet for signs of skin injury / burns / cuts / abrasions from walking around all day,

I'd push gently on her belly to check for signs of tenderness or bloating.

Since the signs you are describing are somewhat non-specific, it's hard to know if this is something serious, or if she's just exhausted from a very busy day.

Expert:  Dr. Drew replied 1 year ago.

Heatstroke is a concern, if she was out in the heat and being active all day, especially if she's not used to that level of exposure to the heat.

Expert:  Dr. Drew replied 1 year ago.

If there's any sign of vomiting, diarrhea, trouble breathing, or bruising / spots on the skin (especially on the lower belly area), then immediate veterinary attention is strongly recommended.