Dr. Jamie
Dr. Jamie, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 9 years experience in canine medicine and surgery.
22263700

My dog ate a small amount of bromadiolone from a

Customer Question

My dog ate a small amount of bromadiolone from a dog-resistant trap. He vomited a large amount multiple times yesterday afternoon. At the time we didn't know what was wrong. He is now eating and drinking normally and does not appear to have any symptoms. He is a 100 pound German Shepherd. Do we need to go to the emergency vet tonight?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Jamie replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I'm Dr.Jamie. Do you know approximately how many grams of it he ate?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The entire cube in the bait station is 1 oz. He did not eat the cube. We believe he was able to dislodge some granules and lick/eat those. The cube was largely still intact inside the station. I would guess maybe 1/4-1/2 oz?
Expert:  Dr. Jamie replied 1 year ago.

That amount can be dangerous for sure, he may have vomited it back up, but since we really don't know that we must not assume. It can take 18-72 hours for the prison to start working usually but it can also take the treatment (vitamin K) 24 hours to start working. So I wound recommend taking him in right away to be in the safe side.