Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian
Experience:  Practicing small animal veterinarian for 17 years.
53976849

I put pre Sun Ultra suncreen in dog's ear by

Customer Question

I put pre Sun Ultra suncreen in dog's ear by mistake...Parasol 1789.....what should I do?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Justanswer! I am Dr. Altman and happy to assist you both today!

Luckily this product has not been shown to have any toxicity in dogs but can cause local irritation to the skin in some people and pets. Because it was placed in the ear I would advise using a cotton ball with 50/50 white vinegar and water to wipe out what you are able to from both ears and repeat again tomorrow.

CLICK HERE for a link to the MSDS page and scroll down to the toxicology section for any questions in regards ***** ***** product

If there is any hearing loss (I really do not expect this), nausea (licking lips, increased salivation, eating grass), vomiting, sedation, head tilt, circling then please consult with your veterinarian but I really do suspect that you will have no issues with this mishap

I hope this makes sense but please let me know how else I can assist you both today

If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION (I am not compensated in any other way). Bonuses are always welcome. Thanks!

If you have additional questions after you rate the question, you are welcome to request me for additional conversations if I am on-line or by beginning your question "Dr. Altman..." or "Dogdoc4u..." and others will leave the questions for me. Good luck to you both!!!

Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.

Good evening, I wanted to check in on you and your dog to see if there were any reactions from the sunscreen? I would love an update when you are able...

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you both today!

If you are satisfied with our chat please rate or accept so I may be compensated for my time. Thank you!

Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Dr. Altman