Doc Sara
Doc Sara, Veterinarian
Experience:  I am a dog and cat veterinarian with a lifetime of experience in our family veterinary hospital.
23511967

My dogs ate the bones from a rack of barbecued ribs from the

Customer Question

My dogs ate the bones from a rack of barbecued ribs from the trash on Wed and have been having diarrhea since. I thought they'd work their way through their systems by now. It's been a mess. Advice?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't have a day. Either someone is available now or I will consider your ads misleading.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's been more than 10 minutes for sure.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Experts are not reviewing my information. I want a refund. I will be contacting Pay Pal and complaining.
Expert:  Doc Sara replied 1 year ago.

Good morning - I've just logged in for the day and I've locked on to your question. I apologize for the delay - there may not have been any experts on at the time your question was asked. I don't want to leave you hanging, so I've locked on to your question.

I'm sorry to hear that Phoebe and Harry have been ill - I'm sure they were quite pleased with themselves after having all that yummy leftover rib meat! For diarrheas I generally start by recommending a temporary change to a bland diet, which is three parts boiled white rice to one part boiled chicken. I also would suggest the use of a good quality probiotic like FortiFlora - you can purchase this at your vet or online. If you've got a good standing relationship with your vet and you call and explain the situation, it's very likely that they will prescribe some medication (likely metronidazole) for you to pick up. We see this sort of thing all the time - if the pet is up to date on vaccines and exam, acting eating and drinking normally, I usually just send medication.

Like I said - I'm sorry that the website led you to expect an immediate answer and we didn't deliver - I answered because I didn't want to leave you hanging. Know that you can reply to me and we can continue to chat until I've covered all of your questions :)

~Dr. Sara