Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions
Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am happy to answer your question today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice. There may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies as I type out a thorough reply for you.
1- How long has it been since she ate the poison?
2- Do you know the name or active ingredient of the poison?
3- Do you have hydrogen peroxide 3%?
4- How much does she weigh?
Friend, it looks like you have gone offline. I am going to be opt out so that if you do come back another expert can help you. I will be going offline for the night.
My name is***** You need to take your dog to the animal emergency room right away! Rat poison is FATAL to dogs and it is imperative that you make him vomit and then start treatment to prevent him from dying. The causes of death include internal bleeding from one kind of poison or seizures leading to death in the other common poison.
Please keep me posted on how he does,
I hope this answer helps you. Feel free to contact me if you have any further questions.
Kansas State University
College of Veterinary Medicine Class of 2001
How is Hope? Did you end up taking her to the animal emergency room? Did she recover well?
Do you have any more questions for me?
Also, if you would consider rating our conversation, I would greatly appreciate it.