Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.
60269376

My dog went to the vet 2 days ago. They give m 4 shots to

Customer Question

My dog went to the vet 2 days ago. They give him 4 shots to try and knock him out to work on his teeth. First a 10mg of Butorphanol which didnt work. Then they did 100mg Telazol which didn't work. They then repeated the 2 shots again at the same dosage. They called a few hours later and said the drugs didn't work and that they would have to try again in a few weeks. I expected him to be out of it when he came home, which he was. But yesterday he still seemed to be tired and had diarrhea. His diet was normal though. Today he seemed to have more energy but on our morning walk I noticed a little blood in his stool and this afternoon he started walking in circles a lot. I tried to get him to spin the other way and he was unable to. Is this a side effect of the drugs he was given or is this a more serious issue? Please and Thank you
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He was perfectly healthy before going to the Vet. Although he's been walking in circles a lot since the afternoon he's still eating and drinking
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before.Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner. If you would still like assistance, can you tell me:

How is he just now? Still circling?

Can he stop circling on his own or does it seem to be a compulsion?

How much blood did you see? A spoonful, more, or less?

Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
Hi Jay,
I'm just following up on our conversation about Barkley. How is everything going?
nekovet