Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in surgery and internal medicine.
16881297

10 year old yorkie....often has trouble coughing up fur. She

Customer Question

10 year old yorkie....often has trouble coughing up fur balls. She has been trying to cough up for several hours...cannot get anything up......restless, cannot sleep. Have heard Yorkies'
have larynx troubles. No indication that she ever had any larynx issues. What should I do?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not need an answer in a day. I will take my Yorkie to my vet 1st thing tomorrow. I thought you advertised answer
right away. I am waiting to hear. If you do not intend to respond until tomorrow.....just cancel that payment.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am still waiting for answer about my Yorkie question.
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

I am so sorry that it has taken so long to get your answer. The problem I see is that Sugah may be devloping Congestive Heart Disease. This can cause excessive fluid in her lungs causing a hacking cough that sounds like she is trying to get something out. Dogs do not get hair balls so this cough is due to either heart disease or a Respiratory infection. It is best to have your vet examine Sugah and run testing such as xrays, blood work and an EKG to rule out the possibilities for this cough. Treatment can be very effective.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, ***** *****